R.C.C.G ANNUAL CONVENTION SERMON: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE-POWER OF PRAISE
65TH R.C.C.G ANNUAL CONVENTION SERMON ON WEDNESDAY 9TH OF AUGUST BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
TOPIC: THE POWER OF PRAISE
PSALM 22:3 But thou [art] holy, [O thou] that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
The power of praise depends on the one you are praising. In other words, praise derives its power from the power of the person you are praising.
If you are praising yourself you may end up like Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel 4:28-37. So if you are praising yourself you are likely to be asking for trouble. If you are praising human being you are putting that person in trouble. Acts 12: 20-24
But if you are praising the ALMIGHTY get ready for miracle. The power of praising of God lies in the fact that when you praise HIM, HE draws nearer. John 4:23-24
THE IMPLICATION OF GOD DRAWING NEARER
- HE will stand up first because HE is a King and HE is seated on the throne; Psalm 68:3. When God arises HIS enemies will scatter.
- HE is the King of kings and kings don’t travel alone when going on a journey; ( Rev. 19:14-16) HE will come with hosts of heaven. Psalm 104:32
- When God pays you a visit HE gives you a divine gift, and because HE is great, the gift HE would give will be so big and frightening. Luke 5: 4-8
APPLICATION OF PRAISE
- Praise guarantees victory. Romans 8:31 and 37
- Praise guarantees an earthquake: because when HE stands the enemy scatters and the earth trembles. When there is an earthquake prison doors will be open and yokes will be broken. Acts 12:5-11, Acts 16:25-27
- After your enemies have been scattered the Lord will leave a gift behind that would frighten you. 2Chronicles 20:25.
Father please put a new song in my heart.
Father arise for me tonight
Father, in my life tonight, let there be a spiritual earthquake and destroy all the yokes in my life
Father I am ready for miracle that frightens. In Jesus name AMEN